It's been awhile since I've actually blogged but I thought to post a couple of recipes for Pinterest sake :) If you see my flickr or my personal facebook, you'll know i've been baking like crazy lately [yes, aside from even creating art]
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened 1 cup sugar 2 tsp pure vanilla extract 2 large egg white 1 tsp salt 3 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
1 large egg white Sanding or Turbinado sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter until smooth. Gradually add the sugar and beat on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and egg whites. Reduce the speed to low. Add salt and flour; mix until combined.
3. Roll the dough into ¾-inch balls. Roll each ball into a 6-inch rope tapering the ends slightly. Lift one end and cross it over to the opposite side to form half of the pretzel shape. Cross the other end to form the second half of the pretzel shape. Space the cookies 1 inch apart on the baking sheet.
4. Using a pastry brush, lightly coat cookies with egg white and sprinkle with sanding or turbinado sugar.
5. Bake until the cookies just start turning golden, about 15 minutes. Cool on the baking sheet on a cooling rack.