well, almost! enjoy!
all my items in my etsy shop are named after friends :) enjoy!!!
1. i'll be having a greenbeanbaby etsy clearance sale next week from tuesday, august 26th to friday august 29th with more goodies to be added
3.isabella is a girly girl for sure!!although she hates when i do her hair in a bazillion pigtails, she will patiently sit as i put on a new pair of earrings for her... or to get her toenails painted...
4. like her brother, she now wears a necklace, which used to be mine... diego stole my monkey charm and she stole my butterfly charm ;)
5. i mistaken for a boy on more than one occasion when i was a kid.... if learned that saying my FULL name [middle name ANA included] was crucial for others to determine my gender... [you can see more childhood photos here]
6. as a kid, i hated wearing my purple snowsuit.. i also didn't like brown cordoroys, winter boots, legwarmers, furry coats, and jogging pants... now, i just don't like snowsuits and jogging pants...
7. a sweet friend met via xbox live sent me an awesome gift... NINTENDO DS!!! i did a "ramel move" and bought a slew of games
8. i am not very well coordinated when it comes to monkeyball... but i'm stuck on mario party!
9. diego likes seeing other people HAPPY... sometimes, he tells me things like "it's okay isabella can hit me if she want to" because he likes seeing her giggle... or "it's okay, logan [his cat] can bite me if he wants to"
10. speaking of diego, this kid needs a twin sized bed... his toddler bed is all too small these days...
11. diego and isabella are going to be the only kids in the greenbean household... two is enough for us!!!
12. isabella can sing the spongebob squarepants song pretty well, along with several they might be giants songs... you have to check out some of their podcasts!!!
13. sweet simone sent diego a wonderful "get well from surgery" package which included chocolate not shown... don't worry, i didn't eat it on him... btw, he loves these books!!!!! thank you, simone!
14. i'm finally catching up on illustrations, swag, surprise packages, and contest entries [including ramel's monthly contest and a submission to a magazine]
15. and overall, the greenbean family seems to be doing pretty well... we've been doing alot of park adventures and family time... it's always wonderful to see the family happy, ya know?!
a while back ago, judy AND stephanie awarded me with the arte de pico award... it's given to 5 bloggers for their creativity, design, interesting material and contribution to the blogging community.... i'm honored that both these ladies awarded me and am finally able to pass along the love.... and although the award doesn't quite include inspiration- I AM :)
1. ramel of gamersdigart.... yes, of course i'm biased about him but seriously he is a true inspiration... regardless of arguments of who needs MORE time to work on art or who is MORE exhausted, ramel keeps me inspired... he does an illustration and i can envision it in cut paper or more humorous... like this joker illustration was actually a 24hr challenge between us two and another artist... he gives constructive criticism and comments as he, himself, continues to broaden his artistic skills in various mediums and genres... my man, some hotshot :)
in my studio... and despite the fact that i've been gun-ho over halo and trying to get my rank up to a 20 [which hasn't happened], i've been working on SOME stuff... this is an illustration for my good pals, eric and karen....it's called "a family in the city... an illustration of a guy named eric, a gal named karen, and their pug dog named sheila".... it only took me over 6 months to go from sketch to final... this is my SECOND illustration of an "adult male" [but this one with facial hair!!!!] this is my first pug dog illustrated and i know that it doesn't do miss sheila justice... still, i hope they enjoy it in their new place back at mil-town!!!
a couple of weeks ago, i signed up to be a part of the diary 2009 project hosted by fantazya... it's a project where a ton of artists create one page for a diary... she compiles it all together and creates the book that'd be up for sale... the 2008 diary project seemed to go well and so, i thought to participate this year... the requirement was that the final needed to be in grayscale... and that is something i do NOT work well with.... sooooooo, i cheated... kinda...
i'm not that good with grayscale papers or just visualizing in NON-color, for that matter... so instead, i did the illustration in color... then i scanned it in and changed the color mode to grayscale... a bit of brightening and contrast, added type, and some lines tossed in, saved me a big headache caused by any frustration that would have occurred from working in actual gray toned papers... and i ended up with a cute frameable illustration in color :)
so, i'm totally into hair... always have been... if all my characters have faces that look alike, i need SOMETHING that sets them apart and makes them unique... for years, i've enjoyed making the hair on my paper people and am always inspired by other artists with the same fetish... so, i finally made a new group in flickr called cutest hair in art... the above magnet lady is named rosa- she had one too many walks in the forest...
these are the size of my palm and made with paper, of course... in most craft stores, they have these wooden shapes for about 25¢ each that are plain... you can decorate them with paint... well, usually i buy the round ones for my magnetic people heads... one time, i bought ladybug shapes and they sat in my studio for ages... well, i FINALLY used them... i put them upside down and turned them into THESE lil ladies... they have quite the afro, eh?! this is miss cindy... she picked a bunch of flowers and misplaced them.... and she can't figure out where she put them :)
i'm not sure if these will make it to the etsy shop yet because i have a few gifts to send out to people... but i WILL be making some sort of goodies for the shop soon and there will be an announcement forewarning you all :)... i'll be sure to make several of these too... this last one's named rebecca... she accidentally dropped some flower seeds in her hair, and this was the result...
tomorrow is diego's birthday and this whole week is packed with meetings, appointments, and preparation.... so we shall see you soon and have an awesome new week!!!
diego is doing much better despite the fact that he's lost 4 pounds and is skinny enough to dodge raindrops... on tuesday and wednesday, he didn't eat a single thing, not even popsicles... we offered him water and juice but he preferred the water... on wednesday, he was sick to his stomach and vomiting all night [on and off]... as he wasn't dehydrated, we waited until the following morning to take him to the emergency room... they gave him anti-nauseous medicine and sent him on his way home a couple hours later...
that same day, he stopped vomiting and mustered up enough strength to do a dance when ramel mentioned getting a new batman toy for him... we headed to target and diego was quite happy to get another toy... even today, he is doing much better and walking around alot... he is quietly playing with his toys and also wanting to cuddle a whole lot with his mother... he's such a sweetie but it's kind of rough to see him so darn skinny and unable to talk... he just mumbles and smiles but no doubt, he will be a chatterbox in a couple of days...