It's been awhile since I've actually blogged but I thought to post a couple of recipes for Pinterest sake :) If you see my flickr or my personal facebook, you'll know i've been baking like crazy lately [yes, aside from even creating art]
Vanilla Pretzel Sugar Cookies [adapted from Baking Obsession]
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 large egg white
1 tsp salt
3 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
1 large egg white
Sanding or Turbinado sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter until smooth. Gradually add the sugar and beat on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and egg whites. Reduce the speed to low. Add salt and flour; mix until combined.
3. Roll the dough into ¾-inch balls. Roll each ball into a 6-inch rope tapering the ends slightly. Lift one end and cross it over to the opposite side to form half of the pretzel shape. Cross the other end to form the second half of the pretzel shape. Space the cookies 1 inch apart on the baking sheet.
4. Using a pastry brush, lightly coat cookies with egg white and sprinkle with sanding or turbinado sugar.
5. Bake until the cookies just start turning golden, about 15 minutes. Cool on the baking sheet on a cooling rack.
It's February already and the time has flown faster than a goose being chased by a four year old... The winter is mild, the coffee is brewing, and life itself seems to be as "adventurous as always"... It's filled with ups and downs, uncertainties, laughters, and tears- all in a week... HAHAHA noooooo! But some days it feels that way, right!?
To be semi-brief, I'll post a list of things that have been going on over the last few months... Photos and links will be included as my flickr page has not been neglected!!!
1. Isabella turns 5 in April and we are both headed to NYC to celebrate, visit friends, and buy toys!
2. Been working on some infographics... That's been keeping life busy and well... A wonderful gig with WONDERFUL people!! You can see some of them here: http://pinterest.com/greenbeanbaby/my-infographics-love/
3. Been baking a lot!! Yes, making cakes and cookies and meringues and cream puffs... Isabella has a blast helping and I was hoping to make a chocolate cake today but we might wait until Friday... you can see some of the goodies here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/greenbeanbaby/sets/72157612526536337/
4. For local Milwaukee peeps, you can see three of my illustrations at MOCT 240 E. Pittsburgh Ave... Many more talented artists are showcasing there until the 23rd of February!
5. I have two new illustrations- called THE TWINS... They were for a gallery showing but now they are in need of a home or at least a coffee shop to be hung in...
6. I am still collecting toys... Not news but also, worth mentioning!
7. Diego is also collecting toys... One day he is into transformers, and the next he is into star wars... In between, we have batman, spiderman, and captain america... From toys to video games, this kid has it made in the shade!!!! He also likes playing the violin... GO Diego!
That is current life summed up... More art is being created, more desserts are being baked, more toys are being purchased for SOMEONE in this house... more news to come but if you are on facebook or flickr or instagram, then you are pretty much caught up...
What is going on with YOU?!
As items in the shop start to dwindle and head to good homes, i'm trying to find 8 days worth of goodies to offer... So for today, FREE SHIPPING WITH any purchase... Just enter "CHRISTMAS08" in the coupon section while checking out...
I meant it's DAY NINE... The days are flying SO fast!!!!!
With 10 days left until Christmas, I hope you all are enjoying the holiday thus far... It's the perfect time to give and in giving, it can make a person feel WONDERFUL! At least, I think so :)
Anyhow, today's deal is BOGO... Buy one item in the shop and get one half off... If you put BOGO in the MESSAGE section while checking out, I will refund you the 50% off the lowest price item that you purchased... So be sure to check out, pay, and then look for the refund in your paypal shortly after :) Here is the shop link: http://www.greenbeanbaby.etsy.com
Enjoy and HAPPY Thursday!!!
For today only, enjoy free shipping in the greenbeanbaby shop... Enter "CHRISTMAS10" in the coupon section when checking out...
I'm working on illustrations AND baking... what are you up to on this lovely Wednesday?
The goal was to do 12 days of goodness for all the greenbeanbaby pals BUT apparently my math skills aren't what they used to be... After looking up on the Christmas clock, there are only 11 DAYS until Christmas!!
So for today, all goodies in the etsy shop are 10% off... Just enter "CHRISTMAS11" in coupon section when checking out... In the meantime, I'll be finishing up christmas illustration orders, baking cookies for friends and family, and going to the kids' school to celebrate Christmas in various ways [pageant, gingerbread house making, et.]
Two wonderfully talented people have teamed up to make this CUTE flour sack calendar for 2012... The calendars are available in their shop here: http://www.etsy.com/listing/88409986/2012-flour-sack-cloth-calendar .. Isn't it AWESOME?! I'll be sportin' one in my studio ;)